Wednesday 2 March 2016

BAPP Task 1 - edited CV

CV attempt number 2:  Nora gave me some great food for thought regarding, primarily, the layout of my CV. I think she made some excellent points so I've given it a good old makeover to make it more readable and accessible to employers. I'm sure there still a lot of room for improvement, but for now I think it looks much better and I agree that it needed a bit of a sort out!
I started by moving my personal profile to the bottom as more of a conclusion rather than an introduction. This way, an employer can have clearly my work and performance experience in front of them for ease and speed. The personal profile can be more of a final sell at the end rather than unnecessary waffle at the beginning this way. I then edited the layout of my performance experience, to make it more clear what I have done and who with rather than it all being mixed up in a chunk of writing.
I hope this is looking better and please feel free to give any more advice! So here it is...








5 comments:

  1. This looks great Grace! It's really clear and easy to read. I like the way the personal profile is at the bottom, I think it flows nicely with the layout and gives a nice summary to the reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddy!
      I think it looks much better and easier to read now. Looking forward to having a look at yours.

      Delete
  2. Good to see comments again - this digital version of the 'paper CV ' is still very much in use, you might have it with agencies for example.. how does it compare to digital versions? Like the profiles on the CV versus an online version? This blog for example is a learning professional persona for university. The visuals on both do relate when I look at this blog! Sian, who just completed her studies https://plus.google.com/106925358969818473737/posts stressed the continuing importance of the 'head shot' for professional practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Grace! It looks great! So much easier to read and follow. :)
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, found your post and Nora's comments really useful when editing my own CV. Have made a post about my amendments and what I took from your posts to help me with this! Would be great to get your feedback!

    ReplyDelete